College Counseling Master Class
Smarter counseling, for more kids, in less time, with better results.Watch Promo
What if you could get better, faster?
Are you a Wiser in your first or second year who’s still finding your way to greatness as a counselor? Do you look at our most experienced counselors here and worry, “I’ll never be that good at this?” Have you ever wished that the path to counseling mastery here could be just a little faster and easier?
If so, we built the College Counseling Master Class just for you. Learn how to work and counsel like our very best counselors.
Our most seasoned veterans spent years learning and experimenting to find what works best. You can learn it much faster. You have this course.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to work like the greats in every aspect of counseling, from creating smart college lists, to finding the best stories for essays, to managing a smooth application process.
- How to deliver the very best customer service, and why that should never mean satisfying your customer’s every whim.
- How to avoid common bad counseling habits that are so hard to break once you’ve adopted them.
- How to manage a larger caseload and still have plenty of life, time, and sanity outside of work.
- How to make sure everything, from your office to your Skype settings, to your LinkedIn profile look as good as your counseling is.
- How to enjoy the thrill of getting better without the angst of struggling to keep up.
- What it means to be a professional at Collegewise and in the world of higher education.
- Which tools and technology will make counseling easier and more organized.
- How to lay the tracks, day-by-day, month-by-month, to do the very best counseling of your career.
Your (Masterful) Master Class Instructors
Preview00 - Introduction (1:14)
Preview01 - Work with lots of kids (3:07)
Preview02 - Treat it like a craft (5:08)
Preview03 - Build a scalable practice (2:11)
Preview04 - Mind your family's feelings (3:05)
Preview05 - Don't force adoption of Collegewise values (1:55)
Preview06 - Set good expectations with everything you do (3:05)
Preview07 - Treat different customers differently (2:51)
Preview08 - Don't call them crazy (1:33)
Preview09 - Share the workload (1:31)
Preview10 - Focus on what you can control (3:33)
PreviewNext steps (1:02)
PreviewAssignments for this lesson
Frequently Asked Questions
We know you’re busy. We know this might sound equal parts thrilling and intimidating. But why spend more time learning, experimenting and struggling to get as good as we all know you can be? Take this course, and we promise you’ll do better counseling for more kids, you’ll spend less time doing it, and you’ll be well on your way down your own path towards greatness.